January 18, 2009

"STINK"


I have been thumbing through our pictures over the last couple of days looking for some fun pictures of Troy. Troy turns the BIG 4-0 in a couple months and I was trying to come up with some sort of tribute for him. I found this picture that we call, "Stink"-at least my kids and I do! Needless to say, I got a little side tracked! Anyway, perhaps this might give some insight to me and my family! Yes, that's my Dad, the "Viking Queen?", my mom the polygamist! How we ever got them to do this is beyond me! If your are looking for a fun idea for a family reunion you could try this! We exchanged names and whoever we got, we gave them an outfit to wear for the "Portrait". Max cried when he got his and refused to wear it! Everyone else was a pretty good sport! Some were not up to the challenge and didn't attend this reunion! Can you tell which one is me and which one is my sister? We are told we look a lot alike.
We are getting really excited for our next family reunion in July and I personally would love to see if we can top this one! Sometimes I think the teenagers think we are really weird. I know me and my sisters think we are dang funny-just ask us! See if you can find the "source" of the stink!
p.s.
The following picture was at our friend Natalie's 80's Remix 40th Birthday Bash! Someone asked me if that's what I really wore, really looked like! Yep, and that's exactly why I married Troy!

4 comments:

Tycksen Family said...

Great picture Julie! LOL You guys looked great...thanks for coming! It was such a fun SURPRISE!!!

Perschon Family said...

Ok You two make one HOT 80s couple! I LOVE the outfit. and the top family reunion picture is great! i think it sounds like a fun idea as long as everyone would cooperate!

Nan said...

As I recall, Brendan wasn't too thrilled about wearing a little dress and a big Mexican hat either! The photos are great though and they always make us laugh! I'm glad you suggested that we get a family photo taken because it really has been a long time since we've had one taken. We'll try to think of some ideas as well.

Linnae said...

Yeah...thanks for the idea. Your mom told my mom about it and now my mom has been trying since last summer to get our family to take a similar picture. For some reason though, we keep forgetting to bring our props when we're all together. Go figure?