January 14, 2009

GIRL UN-INTERRUPTED!!!

Sadly, the only "personal time" I get is when I'm in the bathroom-and that is usually interrupted with shouts, cries and banging on the door. But tonight, aah!Tonight was uninterrupted! Tonight's schedule with the family was a little busy. Lucky for me, it was all on Troy. Alex had basketball from 5-6:30, Max had Jr Jazz practice from 6:30 to 7:15 then Troy took Max over to Open Gym (High School baseball tryouts) to watch Alex. Meanwhile, Kaiti was babysitting over at the Jackson's! A night all to myself! So guess what I did? I made dinner, yummy lasagna, made some applesauce cookies, ate a half dozen of those then played the piano. I love to play the piano. I just wish when my mom told me I would regret quitting I would have listened. I wish I could play better but I do enjoy playing the Primary Hymns. There is just something about those hymns that touches me like nothing else does. Sometimes, when I'm feeling like I'm "all that" I'll sing too. This is a luxury I don't get very often now days. Mostly because I can't play Second Hand Serenade, Coldplay or anything cool. For some reason I'm reminded of the "Gong Show"! Surely my kids would 'gong' me!
With that in mind, I just want to tell my sweet hubby how much I love him. He takes such good care of me and our kids. He knows our kids and he like spending time with them. I love that he would do anything for me. In fact, he goes above and beyond to provide for me and our kids. Giving me an evening to myself is truly a gift that is, as they say, "priceless"!

2 comments:

Janalynn said...

OMGosh! That i exactly what I like to do, I mean not the fix dinner or make cookies, (I hate the kitchen) but I love ot just sit and play the piano. I too wish I would kept taking lessons. My daughters are getting good at piano, I'm not looking forward to the day when they don't want to take them anymore!

Perschon Family said...

ok we need to get together and play the piano and sing! i love to sing while i'm playing the when no one is around to hear me! if max is around he usually asks me to stop and it ruins the fun of it!

i'm so glad you got a nice break and that you had some time to yourself! it doesn't happen enough for us mom's! what a nice hubby you have!!