January 4, 2009

A Brakey Family Fun Day?!?!


Do you remember when your kids were little, and you struggled to get through a sacrament meeting without all heck breaking loose? Or maybe you are there now. Well, I remember those days and I remember thinking, "Is this really worth it?" I know it is, and it has been but yesterday I had that feeling again! Not in preparation for church, but for a family fun day! We had originally tried to fly out to Long Beach and go to Disneyland for the day, but the flights sold out. So we tried to think of something we could do as a family, besides movies-'cuz we've seen all the appropriate ones and not "Rock Band" as our family band, 'Brakey Da Sabbath' is on hiatus. But something we could do together. Troy and I thought ice skating sounded fun, but we knew we had Alex's basketball game. Then Kaiti TOLD us rather than ASKED, that she would be getting her nails done-another very long, dramatic story, worth telling when I'm a little less bitter! With all the chasing and trying to figure out where, when and how much it would cost, I was done! I wasn't enjoying this so called "family fun day" at all!
We did however get to the Kearns Olympic Oval and tried it out. We lasted about an hour. Worth the adventure but we should definitely be better prepared next time...perhaps a little adult help (Troy) would have been appreciated!!! At any rate, here are the pictures! I am very excited to share them. They have been taken with my fancy, new, expensive camera Troy bought me for Christmas. Still trying to learn how to use it but it's been fun!





I think the "Rink Patrol" was worried Max was being abused! He came over and kindly gave Max some tips on getting back up! It worked, he was much better after that!





Kaiti had no trouble with the skates, although, neither one of us are "winter sports fans"! And of course Alex had no problem with the skating. We timed him around the rink, without really trying, he did it in 1 minute 30 seconds. Clearly backwards wasn't a problem either! Both of them were great with Max!


4 comments:

Perschon Family said...

HOLY COW...so what you're saying is...it doesn't get easier? AHHHHH!!!! Those pictures are great though and I'm glad you finally found something fun to do! You do have cute kids!!!!

Kristy said...

Your pictures are awesome! What kind of camera did you get? You guys always look like your having fun so I really don't believe your story! At least you can get your kids to go and do stuff with you :( Anyway great post! I love ya and miss you tons.

Kris

The Grant Family said...

Catie has been giving us some attitude lately. I don't know how many times I had to tell her not to stomp off or pout (how do you spell that anyway) during Christmas break.

Anyway, Catie made a funny comment this afternoon after church. She was telling us how Max is always in her class and she said "I feel like I've been with Max all my life!"

Janalynn said...

Cute, Cute!! I can tell from your writing that your fun, entertaining personallity hasn't changed. Your daughter looks just like you. And oh the Nails.....Been there done that!!!