January 26, 2009

THE DERBY!!!


Meet the "Derby Nazi"! Not sure who he is or where he came from but it was his track and he wasn't going to have it damaged in any way, shape or form. He took the first 15 minutes explaining he had several derby's booked and we should be very careful around it. Then made the boys raise their hands and swear they would obey the rules.


After his "dissertation", he gave the dad's and the boys one last time to graphite their wheels and then we were off to the races!


This is Bo, Max's best friend. Neither of them mind the fact that Bo is so much bigger than he is! They love to hang out!


Ready to Rock and Roll!


There was a little smack talking going back and forth. Christopher is a little bigger than Max, I thought this picture was pretty funny! Max wasn't that worried!


I love my new camera!!! I love the photo finish!



Most of Max's finishes were second place, but he did get a first place! After I took this picture, I showed it to Max. He said, "Oh yeah, that's a keeper!"




It's funny how no matter the age, the Pinewood Derby grabs the attention of every male!


I am truly grateful for the great relationship Alex and Troy have. They are best friends!



We made this a family event for Max and made Kaiti and Alex come. While Alex enjoyed the races, Kaiti socialized to pass the time! I love this picture of her, isn't she beautiful?!?



P.S. We won the award for the best detail! See, I knew the snake skin finish would be a hit!!!!

8 comments:

The Grant Family said...

I am so sorry I missed that! My sister was sealed that day and just could not miss that.

Lisa told us about the Pinewood Derby Nazi in our meeting....he's cheap and good at what he does. What can I say???

I LOVE the picture of Alex hugging his dad. I about got a tear in my eye. You just hope that your children have relationships like that with their parents. So lucky!

Tycksen Family said...

Great pictures Julie :). We had that same guy for our last derby :) Love that picture of Troy and ALex...that is a KEEPER!!! :)

Anonymous said...

it seems like the photo of troy and alex seems to be getting all of the comments - for good reason. The two of them caught my attention that night and I wanted to grab Troy and mention it to him. You guys must be doing something right over there.

The Grant Family said...

I love that bowl for puke....thanks Fernandezes for a great Christmas present. I doubt they ever thought it would have such a great use for so many! The sickness did pass quickly. Thank goodness!

Anonymous said...

Great Job Troy - my car didn't do too well - yours looks great! - Shelby

Kami said...

I have yet to meet a pinewood derby guy who is NOT a nazi, but with all those crazy boys running around like wild children, who can blame them?! Looks like you had a great time. :)

Joy & Casey said...

SO funny! I only have one boy-cute Sawyer is 5 so Pinewood Derby days aren't far away!!! I am SURE we will have the winning car~I can see the competition now! Why don't boys ever grow up? Casey is going to make me laugh I am sure! Hopefully if we get the same Derby Nazi he will chill out by then! I am sure he was great entertainment! :) People like that crack me up.

Janalynn said...

You're right about No matter the age the Pinewood Derby grabs the attention of every male!! In our ward, they had so much fun at the Pinewood Derby (my family went and we don't even have a scout). That next month the Elder's quarm is having thier own Pinewood Derby.