July 15, 2008

THE INNOCENCE OF YOUTH!



The other night, Max was reading me a bedtime story. If you know me, you know that picture books are my favorite! Maybe that says someting about me, I'm not sure! Hopefully it says I'm young at heart, not a "short bus rider"! Anyway he chose to read his favortie book, "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Fly-Guy". We love this book, the pictures are fantastic! It has a similar story line to the song, "There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Fly". In the book we reached the point where the Old Lady swallows a goat to catch the dog. Max stopped for a moment. He thought about this and replied, "That is so dumb! Why would a goat catch a dog?" I kinda giggled! The fact that that was the most absurd thing about the story seemed a little funny to me! It's amazing how different our perspective can be! I love that kid! He makes us laugh everyday!
This is his first place trophy! His baseball team, the Red Sox took first place! He went offer to Bo and Brooklyn's house to show it off! It's almost as big as he is! He is super proud of it and we are super proud of him!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Way to go Max! Your trophy is HUGE you guys must have been totally awesome to get a trophy like that one. Cute post, even cuter blog background.... tell me where you got it and how I can get one. Thanks!

-Kris

Perschon Family said...

Julie, that kid is so dang cute! I've always thought so! I love this post...it is so true how or perspectives are so different. I'm glad he makes you laugh!!!

candice said...

He's right! I always wondered why a goat would catch a dog. Goats don't like dogs, they can't run as fast as dogs, even if they could- what would a goat do once it caught up to the dog? Head butt it? Tell Max I agree with him!!!