July 23, 2011

Back to blogging!


Hello....Hello? Is anyone out there? I can't believe it's been almost a year since I last blogged. The shakes and tremors from withdrawals have long since passed. I am happy to report, all is well. Well, mostly! This year has brought a few bumps in the road but we have come out of it mostly unscathed and better for it.

Alex is entering his senior year of high school. Can you believe it? Do I look like I could have an 18 year old? I sure hope not. Even more exciting, a year from now he will be submitting his papers for a mission. Yikes! That's even more crazy. He has worked hard this summer for the Canyons School District mowing lawns and just got his first pay check. I am so proud of him. Working 40 hours a week is not an easy task, I hate it! But he has done well to get up and fix his lunch and get off to work every day.

Kaitibug starts high school in a month. I love watching her! I love watching the beautiful young woman she is becoming. So compassionate-when she wants to be! She has been a HUGE help to me with housework and yard work. She's not quite old enough to have a job but willing to earn her keep around the house most days. She will be a licensed driver soon. Yeah, super scary. She knows she gets the truck to drive after Alex leaves on his mission. It's a reliable old thing, not the cutest. She has decided to call her "ol Bessie".

Max starts 6th grade on Tuesday. He has our family favorite teacher, Mr. Welker. He is very excited. last fall he failed the school eye exam. I finally took him to be checked and sure enough, he needed glasses. We picked up his glasses yesterday. It's amazing how vivid the world is when you can actually see it! I know from experience! He loves the glasses. Let's hope it lasts!

If you follow me on Facebook, you know we took a family cruise. It was so much fun to have our kids for a full week without cell phones. Though we were all glad to get home and reconnect with friends!

I am making a personal goal to blog more over the next while. My kids certainly do have big life events coming and since this has been my only real journal for more than 8 years, I will need to keep it updated! So if your still out there fellow bloggers, look for more regular posts!

3 comments:

The Grant Family said...

I see your kids getting bigger but didn't realize that Alex would be a SENIOR!!!! Holy cow! You look beautiful. 29 is treating you well :) I look forward to the more frequent posts!!

Chels said...

Woohoo! I am so glad you are blogging again (this is Chelsea Hubbard, in case you don't know). And might I say (and I sincerely mean this) that you do NOT look like you are old enough to have a Senior :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! Not a fellow blogger but a definite Blog Stalker! Miss seeing you and chatting with you! Your kids (and you!) are adorable as always!

Take care.......Tanya